The basics of BadgerCare Plus
BadgerCare Plus is the state of Wisconsin’s health insurance program. It covers children, adults and families that are in need of additional assistance with health care costs. When you sign up for BadgerCare Plus, you choose your HMO plan. If you don't choose one, the state will assign one for you.
Security Health Plan is a good HMO plan choice
- We work with your doctor to catch health problems early. This helps keep minor issues from becoming serious health problems.
- We pay for your covered medical costs. Your prescription drugs and some services are covered by the state. For these you may have to pay a 50 cent to $3 copayment.
- You have a primary care provider (PCP) who is part of our network. This is your go-to person you see regularly to stay as healthy as possible. You see your PCP for annual physical exams and HealthCheck well child exams. Your PCP will refer you to see another doctor or specialist if needed for a specific health concern.
You get free support for your health from Security Health Plan
Our customer service staff is happy to help you with any questions you may have. You can call us Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 1-800-791-3044. We also offer, free of charge:
- Care My Way® to get quick help for many common conditions
- 24-hour Nurse Line when you have questions about an illness or injury
- Health and wellness services including our Tobacco-Free program
- Care managers to help you make sure you are getting the care you need
Our BadgerCare Plus service area includes 32 counties in central, northcentral and western Wisconsin. Click here for the service area map.