You can see any provider
How our Medicare Supplement works
- You enroll in Medicare Part A and Part B
- You purchase our Medicare Supplement plan
- You pay a monthly premium for Medicare Supplement starting around $115 based on your age and gender
- Your plan supplements Original Medicare benefits; Medicare pays 80%, your plan pays your 20% share
- You can purchase optional riders for additional health coverage and cost savings
- You get some preventive services not covered by Medicare
- Relax, because you can afford the health care you need
What's a rider?
Riders give you additional coverage for certain health care costs not covered by Medicare alone. You can choose from six optional riders that can save you money.
Part A Deductible RiderIf you select this coverage, we will pay 100% of your Medicare Part A hospital deductible ($1,364 per benefit period in 2019)
Part B Deductible Rider*
If you select this coverage, we will pay 100% of your Medicare Part B deductible ($185 in 2019)
Additional Home Health Care Rider
Select this coverage and we will pay benefits for an additional 325 home health care visits each calendar year, up to a total of 365 visits per year including those covered by Medicare. NOTE: Medicare covers 100% of medically-necessary home health care visits
Foreign Travel Emergency RiderChoose this coverage and after you pay a $250 deductible, we will pay 80% of expenses for emergency hospital, physician and medical care received outside the United States during the first 60 days of a trip. Lifetime maximum of $50,000
Part B Copayment or Coinsurance Rider*
This rider lowers your premium. If you select this rider, you agree to pay copayments or coinsurance for medical and emergency room visits. You will pay:
- $20 per office visit or 20% of the cost, whichever is less
- $50 per emergency room visit or 20% of the cost, whichever is less
Part B Excess Charges Rider
* You cannot have both the Medicare Part B Deductible Rider and the Medicare Part B Copayment or Coinsurance Rider
Find more Medicare plan options.
This is not a complete description of Medicare or Security Health Plan’s Medicare Supplement. For full details about Medicare coverage, refer to your Medicare & You handbook or contact the nearest Social Security office. For more information about Security Health Plan’s Medicare Supplement, call Customer Service toll-free at 1-844-622-0805 (TTY 711). We are open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.Insured by Security Health Plan of Wisconsin, Inc. Policy form INS-00094. Medicare plans may be available to people under age 65 who are eligible for Medicare by reason of disability or end-stage renal disease. Security Health Plan is not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the federal Medicare program. This is a solicitation for insurance. A licensed insurance agent/producer may contact you. Call a licensed insurance agent/producer to receive complete information including benefits, costs, eligibility requirements, exclusions and limitations.