COVID-19 vaccine information
Security Health Plan members will have no out-of-pocket costs for the COVID-19 vaccine. The Wisconsin Department of Health Services determines who is eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccine quantities remain limited. Vaccine availability will be posted as updates are available on Marshfield Clinic Health System's website.
The following populations are currently eligible for the vaccine:
- People 65 years of age or older
- The COVID vaccine and its administration are covered by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for 2020 and 2021. Providers will submit claims directly to Medicare. Please have your red, white and blue Medicare card with you when you get your COVID vaccine. You must provide your Medicare number or Social Security number to the provider so they can bill Medicare directly. If you refuse to provide your traditional Medicare insurance information to the provider for billing purposes, you may become financially liable for the service.
- Health care workers
- Emergency responders
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- Educators and child care
- Individuals enrolled in Medicaid long-term care programs
- Public-facing essential workers
- Non-frontline essential health care personnel
- Congregate living facility staff and residents
How to get vaccinated
Many providers across the state are currently offering the vaccine to the eligible populations listed above. If you are eligible, here is information about how to access the vaccine.
Marshfield Clinic Health System
Our health system partner, Marshfield Clinic Health System, is scheduling appointments for those who meet the criteria determined by Wisconsin Department of Health Services. To see if you qualify click here. To schedule an appointment at a Marshfield Clinic location, you will first need to complete a short survey. Click here to complete the survey. Once you complete the survey, you will be contacted to schedule an appointment. This process may take several weeks.
Provider partner COVID-19 vaccination resources
Ascension – North Region
For more COVID-19 vaccine information from Ascension – North Region click here.
For more COVID-19 vaccine information from Aspirus click here.
Burnett Medical Center
For more COVID-19 vaccine information from Burnett Medical Center click here.
For more COVID-19 vaccine information from Essentia Health click here.
Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS)
For more COVID-19 vaccine information from Hospital Sisters Health System click here.
Mayo Clinic Health System
For more COVID-19 vaccine information from Mayo Clinic Health System click here to learn more.
Prevea Health – Western Wisconsin
For more COVID-19 vaccine information from Prevea click here to learn more.
For more COVID-19 vaccine information from UW Health click here to learn more.