Six ways you can show your clients our quality
Our benefits and customer service allow us to maintain a high member-retention rate, which makes your job easier. One reason we have that high retention rate is our commitment to quality.
We’ve chosen to undergo regular reviews from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). These rigorous reviews test our standards and the care we provide to members. Not every health plan volunteers for the reviews, and not every plan receives Accreditation. But we have every year since 2002.*
Security Health Plan provides these quality assurances and improvement services to employers:
- Quality management and improvement: When your clients receive the right care at the right time in the right place, good things happen. Our members are happier with the care they receive, their health improves and their costs are controlled.
- Credentialing and network management: By using NCQA specifications, Security Health Plan enhanced its provider credentialing process. We thoroughly screen provider applicants and continually monitor provider performance. In addition, representatives from Security Health Plan conduct periodic on-site visits to assure that providers are consistently providing the highest possible quality of care to your clients.
- Utilization management: Security Health Plan monitors the use of health services to assure efficient use of the health care system while keeping the needs of individual members in mind. We also measure how preventive care is used.
- Preventive health services: We encourage our members to adopt healthful lifestyles and habits. Immunizations, mammograms, cervical cancer screenings and colonoscopies are among the many preventive health services we promote to our members.
- Member rights and responsibilities: Plan members are given clear information on how to access care, choose or change providers and address concerns or problems
- Medical-record monitoring: Strict standards are set for medical record maintenance, physician follow-up on test results and communication between specialists and primary care providers.