Through in-kind gifts, sponsorships and charitable contributions we support organizations and events that keep our communities thriving. Keep reading to learn more.
To be considered for an in-kind gift, sponsorship or charitable contribution, an organization must meet at least one of the following core eligibility criteria:
- Aligns with our identified community health needs and system-wide priorities
- Improves the health, lifestyle and overall well-being of the communities we serve
- Supports programs within our service area
- If awarded, organization must be able to prove non-profit 501(c) status and provide current W-9 (IRS tax identification)
- Recognizes Security Health Plan when appropriate
- Philosophy complements Security Health Plan's mission, vision and community needs assessment
The following are not eligible for in-kind gifts, sponsorships or charitable contributions:
- General operating expenses or administrative support
- Projects that are clearly a duplication of an existing service
- For individual or family benefit
- Entry fees or pledges
- Youth and adult sports leagues
- Labor or fraternal groups
- Requests for assistance with travel expenses and registration fees (transportation, meals, accommodations, fees to enter an event, etc.)
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- For-profit organizations
- Contests or pageants
- Individual churches or religious activities for the purpose of furthering religious doctrine
- Requests for employee matching funds
- Marshfield Clinic Health System programs and events
- Foundations that are primarily grant-making agencies
- Organizations that deny service, membership or other involvement on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, ancestry, citizenship, veteran or disability status
- Organizations whose purpose is in direct competition with Security Health Plan
Healthy minds think alike
To further support our vision of building healthy communities, Security Health Plan prefers that any event that receives support will:
- Offer healthy food options if food is provided
- Be tobacco free
- Be compliant with any applicable state laws and/or local ordinances
- Promote responsible use if alcohol is served
What are the application deadlines?Applications for in-kind gifts, sponsorships and charitable contributions will be accepted throughout the year. Given the high volume of applications Security Health Plan receives, organizations should submit applications a minimum of 6-8 weeks prior to the event date or final decision deadline.
Our organization was awarded a charitable contribution. When can we expect to receive our request?Funding will be processed upon receipt of an invoice and current W-9. For in-kind gifts, arrangements will be made for pick–up or delivery.
We received a sponsorship or in-kind gift in prior years. Do we have to submit a new application?Yes. A new application is required for each request. Also, no organization is guaranteed to receive a charitable contribution, regardless of past commitments.
What is the maximum amount of funding I can apply for?There is no minimum or maximum amount that an organization can request for in-kind gifts, sponsorships and charitable contributions, as long as the application meets the established criteria.
If my application is not awarded, can I submit a new application?Yes, but the chances of a repeat application being awarded are not likely.
Are there any restrictions to the number of sponsorships or in-kind gifts an organization can receive in a calendar year?No. All applications are reviewed on an individual basis.
For questions about in-kind gifts, sponsorships and charitable contributions contact:
Community Relations Marketing Specialist